Is your child needing a little support going back to school or starting something new?
I graduated from Aminya Natural Therapies with a Diploma in Clinical Aromatherapy and late last year released a range of I AM bath soaks, foot soaks and Mood oils.
All products have been formulated with pure essential oils sourced from a range of excellent suppliers, and follow a theme of I AM .. designed to encourage reflection, self awareness , self love, and discussion around the I AM’s that we are creating for ourselves.
Mood oils include – I AM Calm, I AM Free, I AM Enough, I AM Peace, I AM Beautiful, I AM Travelling, I AM Focused, I AM Loved and I AM Sleepy.
Each bottle contains an affirmation and a reminder.
I am BRAVE mood oil has been gently formulated with children in mind and is available in a 10ml Roll on Bottle.
This perfect little back to school blend contains Australian Jojoba oil, Australian Lavender, Frankincense and Juniper Berry and is a gentle reminder that you or your loves ones can choose courage and be brave. Lavender was chosen for its calming properties, Frankincense for its support with fear, insecurity and anxiety, and Juniper because energetically it encourages determination, confidence and protection.
Roll on a little on their wrists as they start the day and remind them …..
Deep Belly breathing communicates to your body that you are safe and are going to be okay, Breathe slowly and deeply. You can even count quietly in between breathes as you do this.
Shoulders back, stand tall. You can do this. Putting your shoulders back helps you to feel stronger and enables the deep breaths to get right down into your stomach. Stretch if you need to.
It is okay to be scared and brave at the same time. Accept yourself for what you are feeling. Accept the situation.
It is okay to communicate to someone how you are feeling. Connect with someone who may be able to help. Your voice matters. It is also really important to be kind to yourself and to tell yourself that you are going to be okay
Feel your worries float away as you exhale. Make your exhale ( that’s the bit where you let your air go out of your belly) longer than the breath you take to fill up your belly) Exhale for as long as you can. This can take practice – and that is okay too. You can do this.
Products are available on Susanne’s Website. www.iamoils.com.au
Words Krishna Everson
When I caught up with Jesse McKinnon he was preparing to take part in ‘Trail to Triumph’, a gruelling 250km, 3 day Ultra Marathon, to raise money for Mesothelioma cancer research. Jesse had only taken up running a year ago, but it didn’t take long for me to realise that he isn’t easily fazed by challenges, and is committed to personal growth and being a better father, husband and individual.
Jesse’s personal development journey had begun 6 years ago, after a period of extensive travel, finding love, and starting a family.
“The big catalyst for change was first meeting my wife, I wanted to be better for her and then we had our first child, was a big kicker. That’s when I realised I really wanted to have them grow up and not have a father who’s going to a job where he’s not fulfilled, and just going and getting it done, I wanted to lead by example, and do something I was actually passionate about.”
Jesse is soon to graduate from Aminya Natural Therapies Academy with a Diploma in Remedial Massage Therapy, and has started his own therapy business Myosync.
I asked Jesse how he first became interested in massage. “I was looking towards something in training or therapy of some sort. I had been interested in professional boxing which was a performance thing, and I was interested in how to make things work better, because of some little injuries I had. I started reading about the body, and trying to learn how I can make myself function pain-free. I got to the point where I was reading anatomy and physiology text books for kicks and doing little online courses and stuff like that. My wife Elysha was like ‘you’re reading text books, you need to do something’. That was my aha moment. I drove past Aminya Academy and saw the building, and went and saw Denise (the Principal). I’d almost given up trying to find somewhere that was flexible, where I could also get my health fund registration to claim health rebates.” Jesse hasn’t looked back!
I asked Jesse what he thought was important for happiness. “I think good relationships with friends but family as well. Relationship with your partner is massive, communication. I’ve also noticed since I’ve gone down the path of changing careers that it is a massive factor as well. I feel like I can’t be happy when I’m not fulfilled and purposeful in my work, where you spend most of your life.”
This article first appeared in Holistic Bliss Magazine – you can view the original article here: https://issuu.com/nessfinn/docs/holistic_bliss_nov_vol_107/16
Have you always wanted to increase your knowledge of Aromatic Medicine at an advanced level right here in Australia?
Advanced Aromatic Formulationg Guest Teacher Ron Guba will be joininging us from Monday 22 October until Thursday 25 October.
Gain yourself CPE points, do it as a workshop or take this opportunity to enrol into the accredited Aromatic Therapies Skill Set HLTSS0046.
This course is part of the Aromatic Therapies Skill Set HLTSS0046.
Why go overseas to further your training when you can do it right here in Australia and save yourself money on airfares (and jetlag), time and develop your existing Aromatherapy knowledge and business.
Overview of Advanced Aromatic Formulating
This unit provides the skills and an extensive level of knowledge of essential oils, including those suitable for ingestive purposes and also, to provide specialised aromatic medicine care for less common conditions/disease states in accordance with the age, gender and mental health needs of the client. These must be undertaken within relevant legal and regulatory requirements, such as Therapeutic Goods Administration and state/territory drugs and poisons acts and regulations.
Teaches the skills and knowledge an aromatherapist requires to identify organic and aromatic plant oil chemistry and apply it to treatments. It requires advanced knowledge of the properties and chemistry of a range of aromatic plant oils and skill in application of this knowledge for a range of purposes, conditions and treatments. Knowledge will be gained in the application of relevant legislation, workplace policies and procedures in regard to health and hygiene.
Overview of What is Taught in the Four Days
- Concept of terrain
- Discussion of traditional medicine systems
- Discussion of Pierre Franchomme’s Structure & Activity Chart
- Essential oil characteristics
- French Approach to use of herbs & essential oils
- Terrain Support
- Discuss Naturopathic principals as relevant to Aromatic Medicine
- Concept of Terrain Support with essential oils
- Discuss whole system models:
- Traditional Greek Medicine System
- The Hippocratic temperaments
- Other traditional systems
- Neuroendocrine approach
- Osmobiosis (Dr Daniel Penoel)
- Aromatic Chemistry – discussion of the various chemical families found in essential oils; characteristics, therapeutic benefits, pharmacokinetics, safety considerations and essential oil examples.
- Discuss and demonstrate:
- Aromatic Medicine application methods + preparations
- Ingestible preparations
- Tablets & Lozenges
- Other methods: use of vegetable oils, honey, Vitamin C tablets and sprays
- Formulating basics: working with weights and measures to prepare accurate Aromatic Medicine remedies.
- Rectal Suppositories
- Vaginal Application
- Other methods of application: o Eyes, ears, nose and throat o Formulation & dosages, all considerations of application methods.
- Q & A, review of weight calculation for preparing capsules; use of vegetable oil and various powders for capsules.
- Discuss and demonstrate: Aromatic Medicine application methods, preparations & safe use of:
- Eye treatments & formulation guidelines
- Nasal treatments & formulation guidelines
- Oral & throat treatments & formulation guidelines
- Vaginal treatments & formulation guidelines for:
- Vaginal pessaries
- Use of tampons
- Water-based douche preparations
- Rectal treatments & formulation guidelines for:
- Mini’ oil enemas
- Q & A; review regarding the days topics
- Demonstration and discussion of the aromatic perfusion technique.
- Appropriate essentials for use and formulation examples.
- Discussion of safety issues and contraindications for use. o
- Discuss and demonstrate: Aromatic Medicine application methods, preparations & safe use of:
- Inhalation therapy
- Discussion & preparation of essential oil formulae for common disorders
- Discussion of essential oil safety:
- Potential drug interactions when using essential oil therapy
- Potential contraindications with the use of essential oil therapy in various physical disorders
- Formulation practice: Discussion of case studies in student groups
- Q & A; review of days topics
- Conclusion & discussion of study requirements
Advanced Aromatic Formulating
Guest Teacher: Ron Guba
Dates: Monday 22 through to Thursday 25 October, 2018 inclusive
Time: 9am until 4 pm over all 4 day
Venue: Aminya Natural Therapies Academy, Suite 6, David Low Way, Marcoola, QLD 4564
All materials provided.
If you would like to attend this course, you may phone or email (see contact details below).
A Deposit of $100 is required to hold your place (bank details are listed below).
When making a payment, please put your Surname and the letters ARF with your payment entry.
Bank: Combank A/C Name: Aminya Academy Natural Therapies BSB: 064-153 A/C: 10119175
For inquiries and bookings, please contact: Faye Marie Vyoral Days: Monday through to Thursday Time: 10am to 4.30pm (EST) Phone Number: 07 5450 5077 Email Address: email@example.com
Aminya Natural Therapies Academy is the only College in Australia to offer the Diploma of Clinical Aromatherapy and the Aromatic Skill Set!
Study At Your Own Pace – Pay As You Go
Course we offer include:
- Diploma of Clinical Aromatherapy
- Aromatic Medicine Skill Set
- Diploma of Reflexology
- Certificate IV in Massage
- Diploma of Remedial Massage
- Diploma of Kinesiology
Government Accredited Training RTO 40815
Contact your local campus on the menu tabs above, or download the latest prospectus!