Diploma of Reflexology | HLT52515
Reflexology is the art and science that uses the principle that there are reflex areas in the feet, hands and ears that correspond to all the organs, glands and other body parts. Reflexology uses the thumb and fingers to work these reflex areas. It is a fast growing therapy that is rapidly gaining acceptance not only by the general public, but also within the orthodox medical field.
Reflexologists work in a variety of business environments including private practice, mobile visiting practice, natural health clinics, beauty therapy clinics, health clubs, hospitals, hospices and nursing homes.
These courses also offer a new and rewarding career for people who have come to a cross-road in their working lives and may be considering a new path to follow.
Our Goals for our Reflexology Training Programs
To provide Reflexology training programs that:
- Bridge the gap between fields of orthodox medicine, complementary modalities and reflexology.
- Bridge the gap between the yin and yang aspects of reflexology.
- Educate you to a high level of knowledge and expertise in all essential areas of reflexology.
- Enable you to train as a professional, competent, caring and empathetic reflexologist
- Train you in the effective and safe practical application of reflexology Reflexology Training Programs
Outline of Qualification for Diploma of Reflexology
- CHCCOM006 Establish and manage client relationships
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCPRP005 Engage with health professionals and the health system
- HLTAAP003 Analyse and respond to client health information
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTINF004 Manage the prevention and control of infection
- HLTREF001 Develop reflexology practice
- HLTREF002 Provide reflexology for relaxation
- HLTREF003 Perform reflexology health assessments
- HLTREF004 Provide therapeutic reflexology treatments
- HLTREF005 Adapt reflexology treatments to meet specific needs
- HLTREF006 Monitor and evaluate reflexology treatments
- HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB405 Monitor and manage small business operations
- HLTMSG001 Develop massage practice
- HLTMSG004 Provide massage treatments
- HLTHPS010 Interpret and use information about nutrition and diet
- CHCCCS001 Address the needs of people with chronic disease
This qualification provides competency in reflexology practice and covers the general provision of reflexology treatment for clients with specific needs such as palliative and aged care. Practitioners at this level may be self employed as independent practitioners or work in a larger health service and may supervise other reflexologists.
Diploma of Reflexology Students of Aminya are eligible to apply for membership to RAA.