Christmas can be a time of joy but to many it becomes a time of stress. The following are a choice of Essential Oils that I use to help me get through the festive season.
I use it as a vaporiser blend and have it vaporising in my diffuser 24 hours a day.
It conjures up feelings of past family Christmases, Mum’s home cooked pies and Christmas pudding. The Christmas tree which was chosen from the choice of real trees from the grower up the road and midnight mass at the local church, lovely childhood memories.
Cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica)
- Sedative to the nervous system
- Stimulates circulatory system
- Helps with nervous tension
- Stress related conditions
Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum)
- Useful for nervous exhaustion and stress related conditions
Scotch Pine ((Pinus sylvestris)
- Stimulates and aids the adrenals and nervous system
Lemon (Citrus limon)
- Lifts the spirit a great tonic and quencher
Frankincense (Boswellia carterii)
- Sedative / tonic
- Good for letting go of anxiety and fear
- Modifies the sweetness of a blend in an intriguing way
About the Author: Denise Lynds has been managing director of Aminya Natural Therapies since 2004, and is based at Head Office on the Sunshine Coast. She has had 26 years of nursing experience in Australia and overseas, and along with her team, has successfully incorporated aromatherapy, reflexology and massage programs in over 150 health facilities, helping to bridge the gap between allopathic medicine and natural therapies. Denise was part of the team to develop the Advanced Diploma of Aromatic Medicine now being delivered at Aminya.