Diploma of Remedial Massage HLT52015
Remedial Massage uses knowledge and skills to assess and treat the soft tissues of the body to preserve health and alleviate pain and dysfunction.
Medical practitioners have come to recognize the potential of massage therapy, especially those diseases of civilization in which stress has been implicated as a major factor. Traditional health care systems throughout the world recognize that massage can play an important part in preventing and treating illness. As the popularity of massage increases more opportunities are being identified for its use – from easing the discomfort of childbirth to providing emotional support for the aged and their near relatives.
Massage therapists work in a variety of work environments including private practice, mobile visiting practice, natural health clinics, beauty therapy clinics, health clubs and gyms, hospitals, hospices and nursing homes. These courses also offer a new and rewarding career for people who have come to a cross-road in their working lives and may be considering a new path to follow.
Our Goals for our Remedial Massage Training Programs
The goal of Aminya Natural Therapies Academy is to provide Remedial Massage training programmes that:
- Bridge the gap between fields of orthodox medicine, complementary modalities and massage.
- Bridge the gap between the complementary / alternative therapies and orthodox medicine
- Educate you to a high level of knowledge and expertise in various methods of remedial massage.
- Enable you to train as a professional, competent, caring and empathetic therapist
- Train you in the effective and safe practical application of massage techniques
Outline of Qualification for Diploma of Remedial Massage | HLT52015
- CHCCOM006 Establish and manage client relationships
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCPRP005 Engage with health professionals and the health system
- HLTAAP003 Analyse and respond to client health information
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTINF004 Manage the prevention and control of infection
- HLTMSG001 Develop massage practice
- HLTMSG002 Assess client massage needs
- HLTMSG003 Perform remedial massage musculoskeletal assessments
- HLTMSG004 Provide massage treatments
- HLTMSG005 Provide remedial massage treatments
- HLTMSG006 Adapt remedial massage practice to meet specific needs
- HLTMSG008 Monitor and evaluate remedial massage treatments
- HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning BSBSMB405 Monitor and manage small business operations
- HLTREF002 Provide reflexology for relaxation
- HLTARO005 Provide aromatherapy massage treatments
- HLTHPS010 Interpret and use information about nutrition and diet
This qualification provides the skills required for competence in remedial massage practice.
Practitioners at this level may be self-employed as independent practitioners or make work within a larger health service. It covers the provision of remedial massage treatment to clients with specific needs such as injury management, rehabilitation, palliative and aged care, women and children. Practitioners at this level may supervise other massage therapists.