Diploma of Kinesiology | HLT52415
This qualification is delivered in partnership with Elizabeth Hughes at the Sunshine Coast campus.
For more information, visit www.yourbodyhastheanswer.com
Kinesiology uses manual muscle testing to assess and correct imbalances in the body. It is the perfect blend of ancient Eastern medicine and modern Western science.
The kinesiology course we offer is completely holistic and includes:
- Physical treatments such as massage and holding points
- Emotional and mental support such as flower essences and affirmations
- Chemical and nutritional corrections such as food sensitivity testing and hormone energy balancing
- Energy clearing including acupressure holding points and chakra and aura balancing
Graduates predominately work as self-employed Kinesiologists in private practice, natural health clinics, health clubs and gyms, pharmacies and health food stores, mobile visiting practices, nursing homes and aged care facilities. The majority of our graduates have successful clinics from their homes, allowing them the perfect work/life balance. As a self-employed Kinesiologist you will be able to book your clients in the hours that suit your lifestyle.
The goal of our kinesiology training program is to:
- Educate students to a high level of expertise in the knowledge and expertise in all essential areas of kinesiology
- Enable students to train as professional, competent, caring and empathetic Kinesiologists, skilled in the effective and safe application of kinesiology for a range of occupations
Outline of Diploma of Kinesiology HLT52415
- CHCCOM006 Establish and manage client relationships
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve professional practice
- HLTAAP003 Analyse and respond to client health information
- HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid (outsourced)
- HLTHPS010 Interpret and use information about nutrition and diet
- HLTKIN001 Develop Kinesiology practice
- HLTKIN002 Conduct indicator muscle monitoring
- HLTKIN003 Perform kinesiology assessments
- HLTKIN004 Provide kinesiology balances
- HLTKIN005 Monitor and evaluate client progress
- BSBSMB405 Monitor and manage small business operations
- BSBMB404 Undertake small business planning
- CHCCCS001 Address the needs of people with chronic disease
- CHCPOL003 Research and apply evidence to practice
- HLTINF004 Manage the control of infection
- SIRXPDK003 Advise on health and nutritional products and services
If you want a career that is rewarding, increasing in its demand for services and offers good financial returns then apply today for our Kinesiology diploma course.
Meet Elizabeth Hughes
Elizabeth Hughes is the co-founder of Progressive Kinesiology and was the Head of Progressive Kinesiology in the United Kingdom for ten years. She graduated from Warwick University in 1992 with a B.A. Honors degree in Psychology and Education.
As well as running a busy private health centre on the Sunshine Coast, Elizabeth teaches Progressive Kinesiology and Nutrition.
Her journey into Kinesiology began in 1994 when she hurt her neck. After seeing various physical therapists and undergoing massage and manipulation without effect, she decided to see a kinesiologist. During the session, Elizabeth found out that her neck pain was emotional in origin, not physical as she had thought! By taking a flower essence to help her body heal, within an hour, her neck pain was gone. This ‘light bulb’ moment inspired Elizabeth to train in kinesiology and she has never looked back.
Elizabeth has implemented school programs – using kinesiology techniques to empower children and help them with self-esteem and learning issues. She is the author of 2 books – Your Body Has The Answer and Your Child’s Body Has The Answer – guides to testing with Kinesiology.
She is an Advanced Australian Bush Flower Essence practitioner, a Registered Specialised Kinesiology Practitioner with the Australian Kinesiology Association, a fully qualified Trainer and Assessor and has studied Cranio-sacral therapy and Aromatic Medicine.
Elizabeth lives with her husband and two sons on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
What students are saying
The greatest thing I have gained from this course is a thorough understanding of the connection between sickness and emotions with an holistic view of health and healing and that body talks with great accuracy. Elizabeth has helped open the doors to a new world, whilst being funny and humorous, all the time teaching us to see the bigger picture and follow our intuition. Thank you for being a truly inspirational teacher. It was an amazing course and this year has made me see the world through different eyes and made me trust my body in a way I never knew I could. Julia Kloess
This course has opened my mind to a whole new way of thinking that has definitely changed my life for the better. Elizabeth has been relaxed, caring, non-judgmental and supportive, creating just the right pace of learning and quantity of information. She gives clear and concise explanations and feedback whenever necessary. Moya Lynden.
We are so grateful for an amazing year! Thank you so much for all you have taught us and your constant love and support. Tracey Terry
I will always be grateful for your love and support this year. Thank you for being amazing and for keeping us laughing all the way through. Renee Tattum
Thank you so much for guiding me on this path to a whole new me. Cate Marshall
The course manual is so informative. There is loads of information and every single part of it is interesting and relevant. NO wishy washy ‘page fillers!’ Kirriily Ball
The course manual is excellent. So well prepared and presented. The videos are so professional and I found them really helpful. I loved all the topics and everything about this course! Andrea Beaufort
This is a fantastic course. I have learnt so much and really enjoyed learning again. Diane Christopher