Certificate IV in Massage Therapy
Medical practitioners have come to recognise the potential of massage therapy, especially those diseases of civilisation in which stress has been implicated as a major factor. Traditional health care systems throughout the world recognise that massage can play an important part in preventing and treating illness. As the popularity of massage increases more opportunities are being identified for its use – from easing the discomfort of childbirth to providing emotional support for the aged and their near relatives.
Massage therapists work in a variety of work environments including private practice, mobile visiting practice, natural health clinics, beauty therapy clinics, health clubs and gyms, hospitals, hospices and nursing homes. These courses also offer a new and rewarding career for people who have come to a cross-road in their working lives and may be considering a new path to follow.
Our Goals for our Massage Training Programs
The goal of Aminya Natural Therapies Academy is to provide Massage training programmes that:
- Bridge the gap between fields of orthodox medicine, complementary modalities and massage.
- Bridge the gap between the complementary / alternative therapies and orthodox medicine
- Educate you to a high level of knowledge and expertise in various methods of remedial massage.
- Enable you to train as a professional, competent, caring and empathetic therapist
- Train you in the effective and safe practical application of massage techniques
Outline of Qualification for Certificate IV in Massage Therapy Practice | HLT42015
- CHCCOM006 Establish and manage client relationships
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAAP002 Confirm physical health status
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTINF004 Manage the prevention and control of infection
- HLTMSG001 Develop massage practice
- HLTMSG002 Assess client massage needs
- HLTMSG004 Provide massage treatments
- HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB405 Monitor and manage small business operations
- HLTREF002 Provide reflexology for relaxation
This qualification covers basic level massage therapy. It is ideal for people working within a clinic or in their own clinic, aged care, health service, spa, palliative care or hospital